Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo...

Cinderella has always been a favorite. I am not the biggest Disney fan, but the story has a special place in my heart. I bring this up only becuase instead of watching some sort of educational program on PBS this evening, my mother and I watched Cinderella. Well to be truthful, chances are my mom would have watched the Disney classic anyway, but to my utter disappointment Supernatural wasn't on and let's face it...I'll pretty much do anything to avoid actual work. Anyway, tonight I noticed something I never had before. I always assumed that when Cinderella is out feeding the mice and other singing animals, she was feeding them cheese. All these years, I have always assumed that the yellow items collected by Gus and the others were cheese cubes, but tonight I realized that the chickens were eating the yellow cubes as well. To my knowledge - which is little to none in this area - chickens don't eat cheese. Apparently, I was quite wrong and the items were actually corn. So I sat transfixed until the end when I realized that the mice weren't throwing monterey jack cheese cubes at the bride and groom...it was rice. How funny - or sad depending on how you look at it - is that?!?! Ah...deluded childhood memories!
Meanwhile over on ChickLit's blog, everytime she mentions me or mocks me...her comments go through the roof - well a small roof...perhaps a shed or some other lawn building. I love the blogs since they normally accurately document our conversations...down to the distractions and lingo. However, I often wish I hadn't read the comments since the people scare me. As a joke, ChickLit said she was thinking of doing a futuristic romantic/erotic - I'm not really sure since I tried to tune out as much as possible - involving men in kilts in space or something...Scotsmen in kilts are of course one of my fav things. Apparently everyone esle, other than me of course, thinks this is a great idea. What is WRONG with these people?!?!? Scary...scary. Oh well...in the end I can comfort myself with the fact that within a couple of hours I can forget the whole thing and live in blissful oblivion...that is until she reminds me again!

No comments: