Thursday, April 20, 2006

Through the storm we reach the shore...

I had hoped to have another guest memorial entry for the Week of Mourning, but unfortunately, the couple of people I asked to contribute, all have asked to extensions. This pretty much leaves me with little to nothing for today since I planned to publish my own eulogy tomorrow.
So…instead of trying to write something funny or touching, I have decided to simply call for a moment of silence. Of course since this is self-regulated, I will have no way of knowing whether or not anyone is actually bored enough to do this, but still it seems like a nice gesture. I originally tried to think of a song dedication, but U2's "With or Without You" seemed a bit dramatic and I couldn't really think of anything else.
Sure, I have probably gone a bit far with the whole mourning of Mikey, but in many ways, that computer stood as a unyielding reminder of my 3 years of grad school like nothing else…the good, bad, and ugly. With the wiping of the hard drive, I lost not only a plethora of personal files, but also almost every paper I wrote in grad school. I doubt I would ever have looked at them again, but still it is the fact that I can’t access them anymore that is rough. Oh the possibility…at the moment just feel permafracked! I’m sure that Apollo – by this I mean both my new computer and the character on BSG - will soon make me forget that I ever owned a computer before and I will soldier on like nothing ever occurred.

No comments: