Monday, October 02, 2006

Singin' drunken lullabies...

I have no voice and my feet still hurt...but man was it worth it. I survived - and quite honestly that is the correct term - my first Flogging Molly concert. Man, what an experience. Their fanbase is hugely diverse and a small sample of each came out last night for a standing only concert in the Sac State ballroom. It is highly amusing to see 50 year old adults mixing in a crowd full of punk rockers and drunks with mohawks. Fan-frakkin'-tabulous!!

All in all, best birthday ever. Well, maybe not ever, but still not a bad way to turn a quarter of a century. It's hard to believe I'm now 25. I don't begrudge turning a year older, I just naively thought I would have accomplished more by now. I have always been an over-achiever...

I could gush (bore) more over the sublime evening (both opening bands coul actually play their intruments), but instead I will leave you with a funny mental image...NikNak & I got stuck in the middle of a punk mosh pit. Laugh away...looking back, I'm sure it was a halarious sight!!

No comments: