Monday, November 06, 2006

Theres a world where I can go and tell my secrets to...in my room!

I have decided to make Mondays Picspam! days. This means that every Monday I will fill my blog with some sort of themed image-filled drivel to feast your eyes!! Now onto today's Monday Picspam! Fun: My Dorm Room...

When I moved back in with my parents - typical I know - after living alone for over 2 years, I hoped that our relationship would not devolve into the high school/college home life we had moved on from. I understand that they will always be my parents, but keep in mind...I'm an only child. (There is only one of me to check-up on.)

Anyway, my biggest concern about moving back into my childhood home was the loss of my independence and not being able to decorate my door/room (I overcame the first by creating a door bulletin board that hangs from the door and therefore doesn't cause permanent damage!). Man was I in for a shock. I mean, I didn't even get my old room back. I set up shop in my mother's sewing room; a small room filled with dolls, but with one window!!

Over the past 8 months (I can't believe I have been here that long...I think I am going to have to contemplate where my life went wrong while drinking my nightly beer), I have reconfigured the room a couple of times. You see, I have a lot of stuff. While most of it lives in a storage unit, I have quite a few bulky items that need to be in the room (i.e. computer, tellie, bed, bookselves, etc.) and since the closet was already full, I needed to fit in one of those as well. Anyway, long story short, the arrangement of the room never seemed to work since I always had to have a clear area around the sewing machine so my mom could actually sew. But a week ago, she decided to move her sewing machine into her bedroom, thus allowing me a bit more space!!! (See did it because I am always in the room so she can never sew, but I am still seeing this a a small victory!!)

Anyway, I love the latest configuration, even if it does resember a dorm room. I never lived in a dorm, so I guess this is my chance. Although, I doubt I will be partaking in any druken partying. Enjoy the pics!!

I would like to add that the dolls aren't mine.
To be honest, I find them a bit creepy!



See...I even have a faux-shelving unit made out of crates.
How much more 'dorm' can you get?


I get 2 shelves on that bookcase! Can you guess which ones?


In case you're wondering...the keyboard and mouse are in the drawer.
I use a hardback book filled with cake decorating tips as a tabletop!
(Yes I stole it from my mother!)

No comments: