Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A day without me...

Ever have one of those days? Who am I kidding...of course you have! Anyway, today was one of "those days" for me. It started quite early, 5:30am to be exact, which is one of the reasons for today's 'Day Classification' of horrific. Apparently, someone decided to try and break into my car last night before realizing there isn't anything of value in the vehicle (unless you count the $8 extendable squeegee!) before moving onto another vehicle. Unfortunately, they jammed something into my lock (in hopes of breaking the lock I guess) and so I can no longer unlock the door on the drivers side. Thank goodness they didn't fiddle (yes I almost typed another word there...and yes it rhymes with 'duck') with the passenger door as well, otherwise I don't know what I would have done since Ag Council had a board meeting today...a meeting I had to set up for! (Hopefully, it only costs me $250...)
Which leads me to the other crappy part of today. I should preface my thoughts by stating I have attended very few board meetings, but in my opinion, this one didn't really go well. (And from the look on my boss's face through most of the meeting, I think he agrees.) And I think a lot of work will be coming my way...projects with vague ideas attached to them (my favorite...really?!?!?). After that 6 hour event, I came back to the office to complete a bunch of odd jobs that require little-to-no thinking, but does involve the world's most jam-happy copier.
And to top it all off, I am in nylons and heels. (Any of you who know me, knows what that means!!) I just wish I could go home and have a couple of beers. Or better yet, just pretend today never happened!! Yeah...that is what I'll do!! Come back tomorrow for a more uplifting blog. I will be starting a new weekly column featuring my favorite YouTube videos!! Should be interesting, amusing, and perhaps even an intellectually stimulating experience!!

No comments: