Monday, December 18, 2006

Failure's Not Flattering!

Over my lifetime I have tried a number of different hobbies. Some I didn't care for; some didn't care for me; while with numerous others, we mutually decided to seperate for the sake of mankind. (Trust me that was for the best!!) I have had the opprotunity to try a number of different things due to the fact that my mom is the Craft Queen...and not just Martha Stewart crafts...I'm talking about tasks that take real skill!!

Over the weekend, my mom and I created a scrapbook for my grandmother. In good news, we actually finished in 2 days and didn't kill eachother. And I learned 2 very important things:
1. My mom and I shouldn't do hobbies together.
2. I'm not cut out to be a scapbooker. Sure I love to preserve documents - just not on floral paper with stickers and such.

Anyway, here is an extremely abridged list of the various hobbies I have tried over the years!!

PicSpam Monday™: Rejected or Abandoned Hobbies

Scrapbooking



Wood carving


Sharp tools near hands = Short-lived hobby


Sewing/Quilting


I even own a sewing machine to this day.
Sure my mom bought it with the hope I would
learn to love sewing as much as she does,
but in the end I can make simple repairs and create thread bobbins.
Oh and I think I still have an
unfinished Amish quilt stashed away somewhere.



Fishing


Although I did find this activity quite fun and relaxing,
I have 3 words (and a preposition) for you:
Sharp Hook in Hand



Bead looming


I'm actually quite proud at how long I kept with this hobby.
All in all, I think it was 2 years. In the end, I just found dealing
with beads too frustrating. They roll way to easy!!



Origami


Apparently, I can't fold paper straight or follow complicated
directions even if they go step by step!!



Rollerblading


Unfortunately, I don't wear spandex or show skin well.
That seems to be an important element of this activity.
To make matters worse, I couldn't even stand in the
horrible contraptions without falling over. I have many talents,
balance just isn't one of them!!


Beeswax candle making

This one didn't take much talent, but I sure didn't have it.
I think I made a couple candles for my grandparents
one year for Christmas and that was it!!

No comments: