Monday, December 11, 2006

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

With the holiday season fast approaching, I decided to share my top favorite Christmas related films with my loyal readers. Although I don't usually watch these movies during this season, they do usually involve Christmas is some way. I also don't vouch for the quality of the film...sometimes I really like crap movies!! (Oh and a small note before I begin. I didn't forget to add It's a Wonderful Life. I know this will make me seem un-American, but I really don't like the movie. Feel free to try and convince me otherwise in the comments section!)

PicSpam Monday: Top 13 Christmas Related Flicks

13. Holiday Inn (1942)

Although the song would become famous because of another holiday film (#1 on this list),
it was in this film that the song "White Christmas" first appeared!


12. Trapped in Paradise (1994)

I don't know why I love this film, but I do...besides I totally believe
that Jon Lovitz and Dana Carvey could be related.


11. The Santa Clause (1994)

Bernard the elf - need I say more?

10. A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)

"Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."

9. All I Want for Christmas (1991)

A delightful Christmas film starring Ethan Embrey (when he was still going by Ethan Randall), a very young
Thora Birch, SNL's Kevin Neelan, and Lauren Bacall. What more could you ask for?

8. Bachelor Mother (1939)

Ginger Rogers gets a baby for Christmas is the fabulous film also starring David Niven!!

7. A Christmas Story (1983)

That leg lamp gets me every time!!

6. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)

Poor Chevy Chase - he just can't seem to catch a break in this holiday classic!!

5. Elf (2003)

It's just like Santa's workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms...
and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me...

4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch...always go for the classic on this one.
Jim Carrey has nothing on Boris Karloff!!


3. A Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

Michael Caine sings with Muppets. I kid you not!! Besides who could resist a musical version of
"The Christmas Carol" with the Great Gonzo and Rizzo the Rat as the narrators!

2. Love Actually (2003)

Oh how I love Liam Neeson in this movie. And Colin Firth.And Bill Nighy. And that cute little kid obsessed with
Titani-
like love. And Hugh Grant as prime minister. Did I mention Colin Firth? And how could I forget
Andrew Lincoln? Oh and the stripping version of "Christmas Is All Around". And...
well I could go on and on, just go watch the film!!


1. White Christmas (1954)

No film embodies Christmas like this one.
I cried the first time I saw it and still tear up
when all the soldiers come out singing at the beginning of the show! It just isn't
Christmas without watching this movie at least once.

No comments: