Thursday, April 12, 2007

But trust me on the sunscreen...

Jon Stewart put it best,If you haven't heard already, I don't know how to break this news gently: Kurt Vonnegut has died. Now I know he hasn't published a whole lot recently, but still American literature has lost a titan...a voice of the people. As with Arthur Miller, I didn't need to see a new book published every couple of years, it was just compforting knowing that somewhere Vonnegut was alive. I saw him on The Daily Show a few months back and marvelled at how 'with it' he still seemed and the way Jon Stewart seemed at a loss for words and simply just somewhere was enough.

So it goes...

[Note: Yes I know that Kurt Vonnegut didn't write the speech used in the Baz Luhrmann hit, but I sitll think it is somewhat fitting. I think it is advice that he would give.]

No comments: