Thursday, May 10, 2007

C'mere and kill a president...

Every once in a while, two things that might never have been associated together, enter my head at the same time and combine. Let me explain...
A couple of weeks ago, a friend emailed me her joy at discovering Yimou Zhang's amazing film Hero. It is not only a beautifully shot film...it also brings up interesting ideas about an assassin's place in society.
Anyhoo, I recently have found myself in one of my musical-obsession phases. Last night I finally got my hands on Stephen Sondheim's musical Assassin (You know the revival cast that has Doogie Howser in it!!)
All I can say, is if you are looking for an interesting night. Watch Hero and listen to Assassins. Then email me so we can discuss. So far, I have been having debates with myself...and I always loose!

No comments: