Sunday, December 11, 2005

But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea

My daily readers, if I do have any on the weekends that is, are probably wondering where yesterday's blog was...well my friends, I simply got too carried away with Horatio Hornblower - horrible name really, but delightful series. Yes, I spent a glorious weekend in happy BBC costume drama land where the women where amazing and beautiful costumes while the men wear too much blush and walk around with pistols and swords. I make no secret of the fact that I love costume dramas...always have. There is just something about them that fascinate me, and Hornblower has the best of those features and is set in one of my favorite periods, the Nepolianic Wars on the high seas - anyone of you, which is most of you, will have sat through at least one of my raving sessions concerning Master and Commander if not more!! Ah, to be a young boy on the high seas during such a time...although chances are I would be seasick and get fatally wounded at the first sign of trouble.
Other than that, my weekend got spent on the cell phone talking to friends or family and anyone else that wished to talk to me. Unfortunately, Femenazi had quite a bit of drama...but so did a couple of other friends. How I love the holidays...let me count the ways...well, at least soon it will be over for another year. There is something to rejoice about!!!
Now that I think about it, I didn't write on Friday as well. I ended up going to the office Christmas Party before having friends over to watch Shaun of the Dead. I kicked them out at midnight and went to bed straight away. It had been a strange day that included a bizarre trip to the health center that I won't share...believe me I am doing you a favor!! Ah well, I am allowed a break every now and again...it is not like anyone leaves comments or anything!

No comments: