Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Gonna watch TV and pray for decent reruns...

So...tonight I got dragged to a Rick Steves lecture at in the local high school gym. If I am honest, I went mainly to avoid dealing with my apartment. All in all, the evening turned out to be quite interesting and far more enjoyable than I anticipated. A couple of us went to dinner beforehand in Fairhaven thinking that the talk was at the local bookstore sponsering the event. However, we soon learned that we were not in the right place and it was a ticketed event. Luckily, by the time we made it in time to get tickets and even ran into our advisor. Go figure. In the end, Rick Steves turned out to be quite the public speaker and far more political then I thought. Man do I want to go to Europe...
In more important news, it was announced today that the WB and UPN networks will be combined next year into CW. As most of you know, I love my crappy WB shows and live for Veronica Mars...so I am running scared. Will the CW inherit the handsome/buff/wholesome guy farm? Will all of my shows survive this union? Ah...what ever will I do if I lose a good portion of my shows? Well, probably something far more useful, but still I have a right to bad tellie...I am an American!!!

No comments: