Thursday, February 23, 2006

And now, the end is near...

Finally...some one mocks my future profession...well kinda. I don't really ever see myself working for NARA. At the moment it just seems like a sinking ship and to be honest, I am not sure if I want that stable of a job. I know it sounds odd, but I still want to go out there and live some life...maybe not the good life, but still a life I can call my own. Man that sounds like a Frank Sinatra hit, but what I mean is...I want some adventure and all that and NARA seems too nice a gig to ever want to leave. Crazy I know, but I don't think I am right for government work.
In other crazy news, one of my bosses is leaving town for a little over a week. She gave me a bunch of jobs I should have completed by tomorrow afternoon. However, I got to learn how to use a folding machine. How nifty is that? They make machines that fold letters...hundreds of letters in less than a minute. I don't know how I didn't think of this before...I mean there aren't little mass mailing elves that go into offices at night and stuff envelopes. What is even better - swell some might say - is that the postal machine not only meters the letter, but also seals it.
So now I can sit back with my normal saliva level and papercutless fingers and bask in the thought of Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's upcoming Aussie wedding - or least supposed nuptials. I don't know how anyone with a past cocaine habit can be so cheesy, but I think that the Australian pop-stariness accounts for most of the cheese in good ol' Keith. And hey if that wasn't enough good Kidman news...she and Russell Crowe will star in the next Baz Luhrmann movie set in the pre-WWII Outback. Ah...I can't wait to see Baz's vision of the 1930s and early 1940s!!! Could be scary, but I bet it will be a blast...and hey they can all sing. See...something to ponder tomorrow at work!!!

No comments: