Friday, February 24, 2006

Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt...

Not that I need a reason to write about BSG, but I found out something interesting about the opening music of the second season. According to imdb - always the history student...I can't seem to not cite my source - the opening words are actually a Hindu mantra, the Gayatri Mantra, taken from the Rig Veda. As with most phrases written in other languages, it may be translated in various ways but means approximately "May we attain that excellent glory of Savitar the God/So May he stimulate our prayers". Interesting huh?!?! For a show so obsessed with ancient mythology..it all seems sort of fitting.
T
o be quite honest, finding that little tidbit got me through most of the day. I am at my wits end with trying to deal with the girl I am replacing at the office. I think it would help if there was some sort of date - some day I could mark as her last, but as is...she just keeps coming and driving me nuts. She always seemed to need to be where I am, especially when I am hiding out in the back working on membership apps and listening to my ipod. U2 can make any situation better...besides I am currently making a rarities and other favs CD for a friend. To top it all off...she also tries to blame everything that goes wrong on me. I just can't take the micro-management anymore. Ah...hopefully only another week. If not...I'm gonna need a slow boat to Margaritaville.

No comments: