Saturday, February 18, 2006

Between the horses of love and lust...

I can't seem to get a picture I want to load, which is a real bummer. It is only a larger version on the one I could get to appear, but you can't read the words...not a big deal...just infuriating. The official website for Beowulf & Grendel is finally up and running. I am so looking forward to seeing it, even if I have to wait for it to come out on DVD. The trailer looks awesome and a barbaric looking Iceland is the perfect backdrop. I love that it was filmed on location. Although the tagline leaves much to be desired..."Heads will roll." That is right up there with A Knight's Tale's "He will rock you." How they come up with these stupid lines, I will never know.
Of course the real reason I am interested in this film...Gerard Butler. And if he wasn't allure enough, the film also features Stellen Skarsgard - yes I even like him in King Arthur - and Tony Curran - who was last seen in another of my current favs...Underworld: Evolution. Anyway...I love Gerard Butler...I just wish he could get better roles...like in Dear Frankie - a film that makes my top 10 list of all-time favorite films. I mean I sat through both Timeline and the second Lara Craft movie just for him not to mention The Phantom of the Opera. I don't know anyone who would rather be stuck with the wussy Raoul. Come on...give me a break. Even with the mask on, I'd jump him in a heartbeat!!!

No comments: