Thursday, March 30, 2006

Oh, the farmer and the cowman should be friends...

Although you may have thought it in decline, the mullet remains strong, my friends. Yesterday at Ag Day, I saw more men - and unfortunately women - sporting the 'fashionable' hairdo than ever care to recall...and keep in mind that I spent my childhood summers in Oroville and Mt. Shasta, both with large hick populations. The great thing about yesterday, however, was the fact that these lovable - well some of them at least - were mixed in with the politicians and aides in their fancy, expensive suites or designer heels. Yes...oh what a glorious sight it was...the mixing of two great cultures...the farmer-redneck and the smooth-operating-politician!! That's an image that will stay with you whether you want it to or not!!! Kinda makes you think of the musical Oklahoma...no wait, that is probably just me come to think of it...

No comments: