Monday, April 10, 2006

Happy Birthday to You...

As I suspected all along, I am not really a party-planning person. This fact is really not a surprise. I am pretty sure if you asked most of my friends, each would start laughing hysterically when asked if I had Martha Stewart party skills. I mean I respect the woman for going to prision when most businessmen go out of their way to try and not own up to their transgressions. But this neither here nor there.
You might be wondering...what is going on (kinda like that Talking Heads' song)?!?!?!? Well, my grandmother turns 80 next month and so my mother and I are planning a surprise birthday party as well as a more intimate family BBQ. However, I seem to be the only one doing anything at the moment. I got all the addresses, I wrote the invitation letters, I stuffed envelopes, I addressed all the envelopes, I created the RSVP postcards, and I even figured out how the cater the thing. Now sure my mom is going to be making most of the desserts, but still...a little help now would be appreciated!! I spend a good portion of time at work stuffing envelopes for organizational newsletters. I really don't want to also stuff at home while watching Prison Break. I can't concentrate completely on Wentworth Miller and if I can't do that...what's the point!

No comments: