Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I put your picture away...

FemeNazi emailed me this picture as soon as she heard the news. While it may not be the most flattering picture of me, it is actually the last photo of Mikey, my old computer. Although I must confess that in fact, it may also be the only pic of Mikey. Anyway, not only does it foreshadow the coming doom and death of Mikey, it even gives a timeline: “This Summer”. (Look closely at the black text at the bottom of the poster above my head.)Unfortunately, the prophecy predicted the coming ‘death’ a season off. Go figure!?!?!?
I spent most of last night trying to get my new computer, Apollo, to act more like Mikey, but so far, it is proving a slow process. Much like training pets and men, it is pretty much an uphill battle at the moment. I can’t really complain though, since I only spent a couple of days computerless (Getting back on the horse and all that). Unfortunately, I am finally beginning to comprehend the amount of word documents I lost and the fact that I probably won’t be able to recreate everything. Perhaps in the end, this will prove to be a positive event…a chance to move onward into a new cyberland of my own creation. I take comfort in that line from the underappreciated Elizabethtown: All forward motion counts. And iff that one does fit, I can always fall back on another line in that film…just dial HELL and I'll answer!

2 comments:

Shawn said...

LOL! You and Crystal are hilarious!!

puckbuff13 said...

We do try our best!!!