Friday, May 26, 2006

Once again science baffles me. For some reason, no one can figure out how to cure AIDS or solve a good number of the other burning questions of our time, but hey...in a couple of years you may be able to buy your very own invisiblity cloak. According to 2 different studies, invisibility cloaks are theoretically possible and could be produced for the public in the forseeable future.
Apparently, Harry Potter has more influence than originally estimated. I mean, it already dominates the economy and artistic visionbook and film worlds...why not science as well. While I am all for making parts of myself imperceptible and intangible to others, it just seems ridiculous that I could purchase such a cloak before so many other pressing matters get resolved. Ah...what a consumer driven society we live in...unfortunately!

No comments: