Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Your friends all complain that you're going insane...

Ok…are you sitting down? (Yes, I do actually often surf the web while standing!) Prepare yourself for something truly shocking. I’m giving up soda pop. Nope, I’m not putting you on or trying to prepare you for a more dreadful reality (i.e. getting married, having a kid, or completed my thesis). Now before you start laughing…I know it sounds preposterous, but I am serious. I originally thought to post this revelation yesterday when my sobriety began, but decided I should make it through at least one day first. And I have…notice the new counter under my profile!!
I’ll be honest, this ain’t gonna be easy and chances are if you talk to me over the next few days, I won’t be in the best of moods. But before you begin planning an intervention, know that I am not giving up caffeine. Make no mistake, I will still be drinking my 2 cups of coffee a day. I just can’t ignore how poisonous soft drinks are anymore. Besides…in the end, this will save me a while lot of money. Although water may not be free anymore, it is still a whole lot cheaper so perhaps this way I can afford that BlackBerryin November!!

1 comment:

Plaksey said...

Yes!!!This is so hard!!!I quit drink soda pop a few days ago but I'm getting crazy!!!!infact I'm getting up on coffeine,so...double prise!!!