Monday, May 01, 2006

you've got a friend...

I have seen my future and let me tell you…it ain’t pretty. Yes, while visiting the state capitol for the umpteenth time with Ms. Jane Bennet, who flew down from Bham to spend the weekend with me, I saw my future self: a somewhat distressing woman trying a little too hard to be friendly to all the tourist, but also attempting to police the use of flash photography in an exhibit room for the centennial of the great San Francisco earthquake and fire. That might not sound all that bad, but that all changes when you realize that every item in the room was a replica…absolutely no originals. Anyway, I could just see me as that woman trying to enforce a dumb rule and hating every minute of it. Let us hope, I don’t turn into scary queue mad madam m full time. That could be frightening.
All in all, however, the weekend was abfab. In case you are wondering, the pic was taken at a 3-d film about the SF earthquake and fire. We had some time to kill and so we decided to start taking timer photos. (Hey it is better than a collage of the 9 pics I took of Ms. Jane Bennett picking her first orange from a tree, cleaning, peeling, and eating it.) I can't explain how fun it all was. In our technologically savvy world, it is pretty easy to keep in touch with people, but being able to hug a friend is so much better than talking on the phone! I do which, though, that I could have a day to recover.

No comments: