Thursday, June 01, 2006

And I heard from the trees a great parade...

I’m considering taking a mini holiday to Santa Rosa. You see, the CWGA – one of the associations I work for – is holding their annual meeting in Santa Rosa in August. In order to entice people to attend the conference with their families, I get to research ‘fun’ local attractions to suit anyone. I had no clue there was so much to see and do in the region. I figured you just went there for the wine tasting. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against ‘respectable’ drunkenness, but wineries have never really excited me…ironically too pompous.
If I get to go to the annual meeting on the company dime, I may have to make a quick side trip to take in a couple of the state parks, museums, the ‘old faithful’ geyser, and of course, the petrified forest. Man I’m starting to sound like a bloody tourist brochure…perhaps I should take a short break!

No comments: