Sunday, June 25, 2006

We're gonna score one more than you...ENGLAND!

It was an ugly win...but a win nonetheless. And alas much to my disappointment, Beckham didn't run without his shirt on after his free kick goal. But back to the game...hopefully England gets it together before facing Porugal at the end of the week. If not for a stunning and miraculous save by Ashley Cole - if you haven't seen his deflection of the near guaranteed Tenorio goal...find it somewhere on the internet...it's pure magic - and David Beckham's beauty of a free kick. No one bends it like Beckham...no one!!
I don't mean to kick a gift horse in the mouth, but I can't figure out how England keeps winning. Sure I love them - I even have a tape copy of every World Cup game in case they actually pull this all off - but they aren't playing good football...to be honest not even mediocre football. I mean if they keep winning playing this badly, just think what they could do if they actually got it together and gave Rooney - or anyone else for that matter since I am infatuated by the Crouch Robot Goal Dance - and actually won a game decisively. Oh...a girl can dream you know!! But who would have ever thought that one of my dreams would be shared by a bunch of drunk, middle-aged men! You have to wonder about my dreams...

No comments: