Thursday, August 10, 2006

Every step you take...I'll be watching you!

Message boards are a fascinating communication tool. The possibility of debating with others - people who you never have to meet face to face - over the most inconsequential topics, is one of the most theraputic and and at the same time frustrating activities known to man. For a moment, the look on Spike's face when Buffy comes to his rescue or the specific cause for the downfall of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series somehow become more important than poverty or the fight against AID. To be honest, I'm more of a stalker than a poster. I lurk and every once in a while, I will post, but those moments are few and far between. I bring this up only because my current addiction to YouTube has led to a renewed interest in prowling message boards. Often, video posters add a caption that gives the address of some website or message board they are affiliated with. Of course being the anal person I am, I must check it out. All in all, I think this is making me a healthier person and giving me something to fill up the hours of downtime I have at work. Besides, after seeing the craziness in others...my problems don't seem so bad!

No comments: