Friday, August 11, 2006

In our little hideaway beneath the waves...

It appears that the fledgling CW network didn't get the Farm. (For those of you unfamilar with my theory, I have come to the conclusion that the WB had a farm somewhere in which they raised clean cut, good looking boys for use on all of their shows. Think about it...) Anyway, I had feared as much, but after watching the rejected pilot for Aquaman...I can't make any other conclusion. Sure they get to keep the boys already on (Clark, the boys from Supernatural, etc.) , but it doesn;t look like they are looking to expand. Too bad really...
I'm a bit late for this whole Aquaman debate. I bought the ep off iTunes a couple weeks ago, but I finally watched the pilot last night - and kinda enjoyed it. First of all, I must confess I needed a few drool towels. I'm not ashamed of the fact that the hotness of Tom Welling got me watching Smallville. However, after first glance, it is obvious the show itself is more than cute people. I think Aquaman had/has the same possibility. Besides...how can you resist Ving Rhames as the bald-black-badass mentor using nifty weapons and spouting Shakespeare!?!?!? Oh and I would be remitt to not mention Lou Diamond Phillips as the adopted dad. I mean...who could ask for anything more.
Before you write me off...I will fully admit it isn't the greatest pilot I have ever seen, but does the world really need another year of 7th Heaven. I mean really...and for those Everwood devotees...Everwood never seemed like a good WB fit. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching it from time to time, but it had more of a Hallmark or CBS feel to it. It can't compete with the weekly angst or superhero-worship - a staple of the WB since the days of Buffy and Dawson's - which isn't a bad thing...just noticable.
So...I will leave you all with a couple of more pics of the man that would have been a flippin' hot superhero!! Besides it is Friday and I know for a fact we could all use a little treat to get through the day!!

No comments: