Friday, October 13, 2006

Wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

Ok...so I actually had this review ready for Friday and then forgot to post it. I don't know what happened...just slipped my mind. Anyway, here is my review of last Thursday night's ep.

Supernatural
Episode: "Bloodlust"
Original Air Date: October 12, 2006
Rating: Fan-frakkin'-tabulous

What I Loved: I never really dug Tara on Buffy until right before her untimely death. However, I did catch a screening ofAmber Benson's movie Chance - an experience I can't really discuss due to horrific events that followed. With all that said...I frakkin' LOVED Amber Benson as a vamp. I hope they bring her back for more. Unlike most posters, I quite enjoy the new take on the vampire mythology...the second set of teeth...limited ways to kill...affected by the sun, but not killed. Sure, I will always think that vamp faces are superior and the whole dusting aspect of vampire killing essential if you show features dying vampires each week, but I have to commend the Supernatural writers for once again making something their own.
Also, how could I forget to mention the return of Metallicar. And the AC/DC's "Back in Black" intro was perfection. You couldn't really ask for more than that. The ep also featured several witty lines, most of which you had to see in context to get.
And last but not least...I love Darker Dean...I mean, the boy was just scary when he decapitated that vamp with the chain saw. That look he gives...I don't know how to describe it. I also loved the interesting and yet sad story of how Dean "embraced the life" at the age of 16. Papa Winchester, despite his best effort, really screwed up his sons...especially Deam

What Didn't Make Me a Happy Camper: To be honest, this episode didn't really disappoint. I mean, I didn't enjoy Dean hitting Sam, but I can see why that happened and what the writers are trying to convey. It is so refreshing to see a show actually try and deal with death in a more realistic way - meaning that all is not hunky-dorry the next week. I also found it quite disturbing I knew the dead cow facts, but again...I can't really blame Supernatural for that one.

Best Line: "And Hannibal Lecter is a good psychiatrist."

No comments: