Wednesday, November 15, 2006

As the days keep turning into night...

So, I hate to disappoint, but today's blog entry will not feature an insightful, and yet thoroughly snarky, review of last night's Veronica Mars ep. You see...I can't make up my mind on whether I liked the ep or not. I know what you are thinking, "What do you mean you don't have an opinion on a tellie program? You always have an opinion? Something is terribly wrong!" or you are rejoicing in the fact that I might have actually 'gotten a life' after avoiding the inevitable for so long. (Or perhaps you have no thought on the subject and simply wandered over to this blog in hopes of stumbling upon some articulate discussion of Shaun of the Dead.)

So instead, here are a couple of thoughts about last week's Thanksgiving inspired
O.C. ep.!! I liked the ep quite a bit. Here's hoping that this is the turning point and soon I will forget about the travesty that was Season 3. (Ok...maybe not forget, but at least move on!) Anyway, I have to say that I LOVED the Battlestar Galactica reference/discussion after Seth and Summer bring home a dozen or so homless guys for dinner (apparently the soup kitchen didn't need more volunteers) and Kirsten demands he keeps them occupied!

Seth: Ok...who here has not seen Battlestar Galactica Season 1?
[Less than half of the dozen homeless guys in the room raise their hand. See even homeless people find a way to watch Sci-Fi on Friday nights. Why are they considering changing the timeslot? Explain it to me, Lucy! I just don't get it. Now back to the show!]
Homless guy:
I missed the season finale!
Seth:
Get ready to have your mind blown! In this version Starbuck is a woman!!

First
Veronica Mars and now The O. C.. I love it when I am with the 'cool' people! I mean, it happens so infrequently! (Hey...geek chic is 'In' at the moment!!) Besides cool pop culture references, Summer and Julie finally started dealing with their grief; Sandy got a cool new nickname: Crazy Eyebrows Man; Taylor keeps getting funnier and funnier; my random joke about Grey's Anatomy's Seattle Grace (Ask ChickLit! I made the funny comment long before it made it on the show!); oh and the world's ugliest dog! I won't go into my nickpics, but I thought I would end with a short excerpt from Television Without Pity's review of the ep. I have to confess, I thought the same thing about Ryan!!
"It's like he's turning into an island," Kirsten says. 'Turning into?' Hasn't Ryan always been an island, really? A peninsula at the very least.

1 comment:

Crystal Jordan said...

Dude, she SO called that. It's like she has ESPN.

ymmv ;-)