Thursday, November 16, 2006

Time is contagious...

So after spending a couple of hours visiting 3 (yes 3 - I'm really beginning to hate the closing of Tower Records!) different stores, I finally got my hands on the new Damien Rice cd 9. Man...all I can say is that it's was worth the effort. My close friends are familar with my 'scavenger hunt adventures' (expeditions to find the latest item to catch my fancy!) since most of them have been drug along on one or two over the years. For the most part, the 'hunt' is the best part of the whole trip, but this time the coveted item is living up to expectations! I have been listening to it non-stop since purchasing the albumn yesterday and so far I'm not growing the least bit bored. If anything I am keep falling more and more in love with Damien Rice's music.

Since I loved his first album O so completely, I worried that his sophomore attempt wouldn't live up to my high standards. Rice stuck with what worked on the first album, creating an even deeper and angier yet sweet musical odyssey! I would gush more, but I can't quite articulate my completely feelings yet!

In other news, the more I think about it, the more I like Borat. I knew I liked the film when I left the theatre, but I didn't make all of the connections while sitting through the 90 minute film. The movie isn't about Kazakhstan...it's about America and the 'backwards' people that populate this country. Fascinating idea for a film! Long live Sacha Baron Cohen!

No comments: