Tuesday, January 02, 2007

And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end...

Oh, Snap! Yes, my dear readers, in a bowl game that had me on an extreme emotional rollercoaster, the Broncos of Boise State University pulled off one of the most spetacular upsets college football has ever seen. Now some of you might be wondering why I even care. I never attended the university and can count the number of times I have visited Idaho on one hand. But you see, I have a cousin that played college basketball at BSU and now works as the business manager for the athletic department. (I remeber vividly running around on the famous blue stadium turf!)
Anyway, while she got to attend the game in person, I sat with my father, holding my breath and hoping for a miracle. And it came. I will admit that at the 18 second mark, when all seemed lost, I paused the game - I just couldn't take anymore - and returned to watch it 45 minutes later, awaking both my parents. (Who incidently thought someone was trying to break into the house!) And then in a very Whovillian scene, I watched with my parents - yes even my mother - as the BSU Broncos pulled off the improbable with confidence and some of the riskiest plays I have ever seen!!

PicSpam Special Edition: "I'd Sooner Be A Bronco!"


Welcome to the 2007 Fiesta Bowl.
Be sure to fasten your safety belt, you're in for an emotional ride!!


You got to love an equestrian entrance.
Although, I guess you have to choose a horse that doesn't get too excited!!
That could make come interesting running obstacles!


We skip to the game tying touchdown...a beautifully executed Hook & Ladder
play in which Zabrasky threw to James who pitched it to Rabb
with 7 seconds to go in the fourth quarter!


And now the Overtime touchdown, a fake thrown by Perretta to Schouman!

"Ohhh, brother, we're going to do it in style!"
(
Apparently Coach Peterson thought after the Statue of Liberty play was called!)

Let's look at that beauty of a play again!!


Stormin' the field of victory!!


And here's some more celebration!!


Sing it with me!! "We are the champions my friends (Da Da), and we'll keep on fighting 'till the end..."

No comments: