Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sunrise, sunset...swiftly flow the days!

So, this morning I discovered yet another addition to the "Things That Make Me Die a Little Inside" list. I read a couple of months ago that Daniel Radcliffe - aka Harry Potter - is starring in a new West End production of Equus, a controversial play that centers around a stable-hand who has an erotic fixation with horses. Yes it seems good ol' Mr. Potter (as you may have guessed, I will be refering to Daniel Radcliffe as Harry or Mr. Potter for the remainder of this blog entry) is really trying to change his image and not become the next Mark Hamill. Now, I don't have a problem with Harry branching out and going against stereotype. He was 11 when the Harry Potter films began and he is now 17. I get that he is becoming an adult and all that, but did he really have to go to the extreme of appearing naked in a play? I would have been happy with just his hilarious appearance on Extras...I mean he was looking for sex in that show as well. And he was funny. I could have easily lived with the new knowledge that Harry Potter could do comedy. I didn't need to know that Harry Potter works out...
Anyhoodle, the image for today's blog was taken from a photoshoot for the upcoming production, funnily enough also staring Uncle Vernon. If you are brave, or just really curious, I have added links to the other photos at the bottom of the blog. Word of warning, though, click at your own risk. Some of the images include a pretty naked chick and 2 others feature Harry and a horse. In case you missed that, I repeat, 2 images feature a semi-nude Harry Potter and a horse. Once you look at them, you will never see Harry Potter the same way again. To be honest, I kind of wished I had never found them. For my viewing I used the mantra "Please let him be wearing reeeaaallly low cut jeans." Feel free to use it as well! Either way, it looks like Mr. Potter has really grown up and we will all just have to get used to it...or at least pretend to get used to it!

2 comments:

Niknak said...

You have scarred me my friend! You should have known that I would click on them and Yikes! At first I thought you were chanting the little mantra in hope but then when I saw the pictures I knew it was in fright. It was in desperate fright right?

puckbuff13 said...

Yes, I was desperately chanting while also screaming "My Eyes...MY EYES!!!" It was all together a frightening experience that pains me to even think about. Hence why I wrote an entire blog on the subject!