Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I don't get around much anymore...



I recently read a most interesting article in The Sacramento Bee about blogs. Apparently, only 8% of Americans read blogs. Although that number seems lower than I would have thought, I'm really not that surprised. Here's an excerpt:

That came from CBS chief research officer David Poltrack and MRI Research, a respected New York firm that sampled 20,000 people.

"One of the things that's probably overstated by the press is how many people are visiting online blogs," Poltrack said in a presentation to TV critics. "I think you all blog each other, but I'm not sure the rest of the world is joining in the process that much."

In a conversation later, Poltrack said he would guess the majority of people who do read blogs are bloggers themselves.

"That does not leave a whole lot of real people who spend their time with blogs," he said.

Ah yes...once again I am not a 'real person'. I read approximately 6 on a daily basis!

No comments: