Friday, March 30, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane...

For years, I have tried to stay away from the world of comic books. You see, I feel it's pull like a siren's call. Here would be the perfect hobby for my affinity for fantasy/sci-fi as well as my OCD tendencies. See why I have tried to stay away...there is just too much temptation.
Anyhoo, leave it to Joss Wheadon to suck me in. Most of you probably already know of his plan to release a season 8 in comic book form. No network. No budget. Just Buffy and the scooby gang (unfortunately now including all the potentials) fighting evil. Can you see why I finally gave in?!?!?!
Well, I read the first issue the day it came out and now await the second. I also read all of Frank Miller's 300 at Barnes & Noble. (You can only get the book in hardback and I don't have $17 lying around to spend on something I may not like. It just makes sense, although I never thought I would become one of those people that reads an entire book at the store. Seems kind of sad... On second thought, perhaps I should have kept that to myself!)
And now, I am being tempted to read the Supernatural prequels. I mean, how could I resist learning more about the adventures of Charleton Heston and wee!angry-man Dean. (Oh and chubby baby!sammy. How could I forget him...) I only know one phrase to express my current state of mind: KHAN!!!!!
In other news, ChickLit will be filling in for the next couple of days while I soak up the sun in Victoria, BC. *takes a moment to try away the tears caused by hysterical laughter* Hopefully I finally get to use the new raincoat I spent an arm and a leg on. Wait on second thought, scratch that...
Anyway, be nice to the guest blogger or I'll be forced to create another Procrastination Station™ Competition. You wouldn't want that would you!?!?!?

No comments: