Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I will feel a glow just thinking of you...

Well, I have finally finished. Yes, I can now proudly - perhaps not proudly, but I couldn't think of better word - say I have watched all of Star Trek: Deep Space 9. (For those of you playing the home game, it only took me 8 months! However in my defense, I watched the last 3 seasons - 26 episode seasons - in 2 months...that was how good it got!)
I ended up quite loving the series as a whole. For those of you wondering, Quark turned out to be my favorite full-time cast member character with the combo of Bashir and O'Brien coming in a close second. I even grew to tolerate Sisko. He will never be a favorite, but I could stand him in the end...believe me that is an amazing statement. I wrote back in late October that the series was starting to get better, but I didn't realize how good it was going to get!
Luckily I watched the series finale alone last night. I was doing pretty good and then the show threw me a curve ball and snuck in a rendition of the Jerome Kern classic "The Way You Look Tonight" at a going away party. After that I kept tearing up...especially when Bashir and O'Brien said goodbye and especially when Kira and an tux wearing Odo parted for the last time. No matter what, I will always think of them all (Jadzia Dax NOT Exri Dax of course) on that former Cardassian space station near Bajor dealing with the latest tragedy - normally involving Gul Dukat, Kai Winn, or the Dominion - but never forgetting to enjoy time with good friends while hanging out in Quark's...

No comments: