Tuesday, October 04, 2005

And it's greatly to his credit that he is an Englishman!

Well, once again my grandparents have spoiled me more than I deserve. For those readers who may not know, my grandmother was the one who financed my first trip to Ireland, Scotland, and England. Of course I fell in love and spent another couple of years figuring out how to get back for a more extended visit...hence a uni exchange program. However I digress...for my recent birthday my grandparents not only sent an encouraging letter in which they tell me how proud they are of me and my accomplishments and remember that anything can be accomplished with small steps...one at a time. They also sent $75 in gift certificates to Barnes & Noble. I mean today was really one of the best days in my life. Not only can I afford the new Robert Jordan Wheel of Time book even if Costco doesn't carry it, but I also got to buy the new Diana Gabaldon novel. The last one left much to be desired, but still I want to know what happens. I already read the epilogue and it looks like Claire and Jamie didn't die so hopefully I will like this one enough to read the next.
I have also begun an inventory of my CDs. So far the prelim has come up with 298. Unfortunately, I have not really made it that far and so I know that the number will ony increase. It is somewhat frightening to realize that even at only $15 a CD that still comes to $4470. Coupled with my recent DVD inventory I really don't think I will try anything with my books. Besides if I keep this up the music/film industry might collapse. I am probably the only one still buying either and going to the movie theatres. Man am I a schmuck!!!

No comments: