Wednesday, October 05, 2005

So i'll just make this a little more obvious...

Recently, I was asked if I thought I would ever find a show to replace Buffy the Vampire Slayer. For those who may not know, Buffy has been an obsession of mine since 1997. At the the time I really didn't have an answer...my love of Buffy consisted of more than just the show itself. I could relate to it like no other show. High school sucked and the metaphor of that experience as hell really helped me through. However, a replacement might be on the horizon. Not in the same way of course, but I think I might be in love again. Veronica Mars is awesome. That is all I can really say is that every week is getting better. After the season long mystery last year, I was concerned whith what would happen the sophomore season...but I have been pleasantly surprised. It also does hurt that Buffy alumni keep popping up with Joss Whedon even making an appearance or the fact that Kevin Smith guest starred as a clerk...man do I love joke!!!
Meanwhile, a friend of mine got some interesting advice on how to avoid being accosted or raped. Instead of learning self defense, simply pick your nose. That way the assailant will be so grossed out he/she -- we do live in "politically correct" times -- will simply leave you alone. Perhaps this is sound advice, but it seems a bit odd. See for yourself!! http://www.muni.org/apd1/assault.cfm

No comments: