Monday, October 03, 2005

Holding out for a hero...


As with anything Heather Ledger stars in, with the exception of The Order, I am looking forward to Casanova. Who could resist Mr. Ledger as a dashing hero...I know I can't since I own too many of his films - and often bad ones at that - to try and argue that one. I mean, I even saw The Four Feathers opening day. I don't think many can claim that one. I remember it all vividly since a woman actually answered her cell phone during the film and carried on a 5 minute conversation. Under most circumstances this would have led me to loose my temper - an occurance that became imfamous while waiting in line with a good friend for The Two Tower - but with this incident it actually made the whole experience a bit more interesting. The movie was complete crap with the exception of one shot in the desert...not even Djimon Hounsou could save this one. Makes me laugh, though, to think that Kate Hudson gave up Spider-Man to do it. Funny as all get out. Back to Heath Ledger, though. The trailer for this film is great. Even if I was not in love with Mr. Ledger, I would go to this one. It is a special year when someone I like has 2 films coming out around the same time, but this year should be an exception. Between Casanova and Brokeback Mountain...it should be a fascinating year indeed!
Finally got around to my dishes. You know that you need to deal with the mess when you have actually used all of your pyrex and mixing bowls for cereal and there is literally nothing clean left. I wish I could say that this was the first time, but as too many people I know actually read this blog, I can't lie. Well at least I did get around to it. In other sad news, I finally updated my DVD inventory. The damage is as follows:
Series: 47
(That is the number of season, etc; since all are multi-disc who knows the exact figure!)
Specialty/Documentaries/Music: 19
(This section includes my U2 DVDs as well as SNL and a couple of documentaries!)
Films: 175
(Not going to even go there...)
I honestly did not realize I owned that many. Scary thought really...I mean if you approximate that each cost $15 - a lowball estimate for many of them - that comes to $2625. And in the end, that figure only accounts for the films alone. If you factor that most series begin around $40, there is at least another $1880 to account for. I may not have bought them all, but still I think I have bought enough...well at least until something else good comes out. I think I will start on my CDs next since I should really have an inventory. Then maybe books...then again no. Don't even want to consider that one. Oh the horror...the HORROR!!!

No comments: