Monday, October 03, 2005

I'm alone but I ain't lonely...

I love this movie....I think I may be perhaps the only one, but still the affection is there. I found the movie because of a love for Christian Bale that began in 1992 with Newsies, a classic Disney movie in which a real historical event is made "happy" using both song and dance. Don't get me wrong, I love the movie, but I do understand what it is. Anyway, what sold me about the film was Gerard Butler and the dragons. I mean what is there not to love about a futuristic film in which dragons living under London. That is pretty darn cool if you ask me. At this point, some of you might be wondering why I mention all of this. Well here it is...I have finally met 2 other people who have not only seen this film, but also liked it. It truly is a good day in my life even if I turned 24 years old today. Time sure flies whether or not you are having fun it seems.
Onto more important news. I actually now know how it feels to be the dog that is taken on vacation to the Grand Canyon and then left there. I, however, seem to be the pesky one that also figures out the way home across 6 different states, but still it is there. I am not quite sure I think it is a good thing that I can still be hurt by that. I was supposed to go out with friends today and see a movie. For that reason, even though it was by b-day I really didn't make plans thinking they would call...but they didn't. Sure I understand that things come up, but if you don't want me to come along...just say it. I really wish it hadn't hurt so much, but at least that means that I am still human...there is something to cling to.
Well, I should be getting to bed. But before I go, I offer this advice. When conducting e-mail correspondence (or really any other kind of contact) with a blind date...never close off the e-mail by writing "See you later unless you voted for Nader". I don't care if it does rhyme; in the end it is just a bit too weird and kinda off.

No comments: