Sunday, October 16, 2005

I never promised you a rose garden...

So, in an unfortunate development, I found myself spending a good portion of today looking for babysitting and dog walking gigs off the internet. Somehow at the age of 24 (and after 4 year of uni and 2 years of grad school), I have the same occupational qualifications of a 13 year old. It would be quite funny if it wasn't so sad. I am not sure how I got here, but I don't think that I really want to know. I must simply live in the now. Or at least try to.
To combat the depression of the job search (for both archives positions and child care), I started reading How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire. I mocked the book a couple of months ago on the phone with a friend (as some of you know - since you have gotten the calls - I like going to Walmart or Target and reading the backs of the trashy novels to friends over the phone mocking as I read...hey everyone needs a hobby and this one is one of my more healthy ones) only to have a her send a copy to me as a joke. Today I actually started the book...and I honestly don't know if this unusal action on my part (reading contemporary crap novel is unusual, but a paranormal one...that is downright inconcievable!) is the result of my current hormonal state or the fact that my mind keeps regressing more and more each day. One day soon I am going to wake up and find that all that I can handle in life is sitting in my apartment watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and eating otter pops. Actually now that I think about it...that sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

No comments: