Monday, October 17, 2005

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Every once in a while, a momentus event comes along that makes me believe that the hight power in this world may actually attempting to make my village happy and not simply conduction experiments to determine the extent to which I can create my own 'happy thoughts' using books, music, tv, or films. Yes, my dear readers, I have a ticket to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. In one months time, I will sitting in a theatre watching my favorite Harry Pothead directed by the man who gave the world Four Weddings and a Funeral. It doesn't get any better than that...well maybe but at least this is legal and doesn't require permits.
Last week, while driving to the gym, I saw one of the bumper stickers I loathe on the car in front of me..."Live Simply So Others May Simply Live." I have always found this a bit preachy and patronistic (is that even a word?). However, what caused me to laugh hysterically was the bumper on which this sticker adhered...a bumper of a brand new Beamer. Yes, one of the annoyingly rich 18 year olds on campus actually had the gall to drive around town not only annoying me with their brand new car, which I assume they are not makeing payments for. Of course I could be completely wrong...perhaps the blonde bimbo was only borrowing the car, but hey my analysis is way better.
One last random thing...my good friend B, my loyal One Tree Hill co-watcher, has recently been writing poetry on my refridgerate. I thought I would share some of her work now. Personally, I find it rather amusing...even if it is a bit naughty.

lather the hot goddess
and lick my luscious apparatus

1 comment:

Crystal Jordan said...

Eewwww. That's kinda gross. But funny at the same time.