Monday, October 31, 2005

I wanted to be great 'cuz good would not be good enough...

I began pondering last night...well I ponder most nights, but this time I thought about what it would take to meet Bono. I mean if I really look at the situation. I am no longer a child, which would make things easier. I don't have a life threatening disease that would allow for some wish-making organization to set up the meeting. I have never lived or even been to Central America or Africa.
So this got me thinking. I should become a politician. Bono meets with all sorts of political figures, even ones he doesn't agree with. I mean I would be completely agreeable and all that. Perhaps I could even help to save the world. I mean how cool would that be?
However, with all this thought of meeting the man, I began to wonder what I would ask. I mean...you can't meet with a guy and simply gush about how much you like his band and stuff. That would just be sad. So I have decided, for the moment, that I will not pursue a life in politics...not until I can figure out at least 3 good questions to ask. Otherwise, I am just a sad, obsessed fan that has more than 4 U2 posters in their home...wait that is me. Now all I have to do is get elected to some high position and come up with a couple good questions. I will be accepting suggestions...

No comments: