Friday, October 21, 2005

I've got a cupboard with cans of food, filtered water, and pictures of you

Never thought - even in my widlest dreams - I would see the theatrical version of Doom, let alone like but...there you go. My friend, F, came to do some research at my place of work (well at least 2 days a week) and mentioned that she wanted to go and see a movie tonight and would call. Keep in mind that F often says these things and nothing comes of it. So imagine my shock when she actually did call. We ended up babysitting her two nephews, who ran around like crazy people with an energy that I envy, before catching the only movie playing within a 30 minute period of our arrival to the theatre. Hence how Doom got the vote and $6. I have never been one for video games and therefore had not real clue what was going to happen let alone that the theatre would be full of boys - sometimes actual teenagers, but most often middle aged men who acted like prepubescent boys and should have had something better to do then play video games or watch a movie based on them...but then again I was right there with them, so what does that mean I wonder. Wait...don't tell me!
Anyway, needless to say, I got hooked. I have never been a huge fan of the Rock, but he was amusing and had one of the best lines ever uttered by a film hero. And then there was the star as far as I am concerned...Karl Urban. The man who stole our hearts in LOTR and then made us love corrupt Russian policemen in leather jackets in The Bourne Supremacy. I mean any man that still looks good (and jumpable) after trying to kill Jason Bourne and getting bloodied in a car accident has my vote. I don't really care what he has done...he's just so pretty. So there you have it folks. I have actually given a movie based on a vidoe game a thumbs up. Who would have thunk it?

No comments: