Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sleeping with the television and all the lights on

At this point, I might as well change the name of my blog to something along the lines of..."101 reasons I love Veronica Mars!" or..."You know you are obsessed with Veronica Mars when..." All I seem to talk about is how much I despise WWU and grad school in general and this tv program. I haven't been this obsessed with a show since Buffy and as my loyal readers know...that pretty much ended in disappointment and tears; much like those over-the-top movie-of-the-week marriages that start out as such a romantic melding of souls, but devolve into a loveless partnership where one person - or both - drink too much while the other plays around with a neighborhood teenager. You know what I am talking about. But I digress...needless to say I can't get enough of this program. It makes my village happy and that is saying something. Although, I think many of my friends are starting to get sick of hearing about it.
I actually have worked out on the "cool" half of the student rec center two days in a row. Not really by choice. Unfortunately, the eliptical machines - the only exercise machine I have somewhat mastered in my 3 weeks of regualr gym attendance - were full on the faculty/not-so-work-out-bunny/beautiful-person side of the center. Ah well...I think what disturbs me more is not the fact that I actually survived, but that I am beginning to really enjoy watching Breaking Bonaduce on VH1. Go Figure!!
P.S. You have to love film noir posters...even if you don't like the film or genre in general. It is an unspoken law...like don't go swimming for a whole hour after eating or eating sugar will cure the hiccups. You just have to...

No comments: