Friday, November 04, 2005

Don't Worry, Be Happy...

I have seen Jarhead, although I am not quite sure what I think about it. For those who know me, this really might come as a shock. I am usually quite opionated about my films, although I don't always have a solid reason why. Hey...I'm an American; I don't have to see something to know it is stupid. Well, anyway back to Jarhead, all I can really say is that it is a war film with no real war. Even so, I find myself still thinking about the film...and not only the fact that all of the archival footage of Desert Shield and Desert Storm came from the BBC. That and I feel exremely emotional. I'm not sure if I want to cry or beat something up - hypothetically of course since I doubt that I could beat anything up.
But in the end, I think I will go and see it again. Can't hurt, since if nothing else, the movie is directed and acted well. Jake Gyllenhaal is fanatastic...he may be pretty folks, but he can act. And Peter Starsgaard...what can I say. I have never seen him in a bad movie...although I didn't see Flightplan. I'll let you know the final verdict as soon as I know...

No comments: