Saturday, November 05, 2005

There was a boy, a very strange enchanted boy...

So, I have recently discovered that good ol' David "Daisy" Wenham - also known as Faramir - had a small role in Baz Luhrman's Moulin Rouge! I know that many of you might be disillusioned by this news. Not because he was in both films, but because this is news to me. I mean really, what kind of obsessive fan am I...I missed the whole Karl Urban on Xena as well. My vetting is not what it used to be at all.
However, I do get a bit of credit knowing that the guy who plays Lucien in Underworld was once the longtime boyfriend of Kate Beckinsale - also in the movie - and that they have a daughter together. However, what makes it all interesting is that fact that she is now married to the director of that film. All seems a bit high school, but still quite fun. The important thing, however, is that I knew all this before even seeing the film (I just rented it tonight, so I am sure that I will have more to share tomorrow on that subject...my plan of watching it earlier this evening got preempted by a trip to the ballet)!!
All in all, I think I am going to create a positive spin on all this and make the claim that perhaps I have grown up a bit and realized there are more important things out there...like poverty in Africa and such. I simply have better things to do with my life, I am not loosing my touch. Well...at least that is what I choose to believe for the time being!!

No comments: