Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Perhaps I may become a highwayman again...

Since seeing Walk the Line, I have been listening to quite a bit of Johnny Cash. One song has recently caught my attention - "Highwayman". Here is the verse that has got me thinking...well kinda!
"I was a dam builder across the river deep and wide/Where steel and water did collide/A place called
Boulder on the wild Colorado/I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below/They buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound/But I am still around..I'll always be around… " So creepy really, although I wonder...how many people are buried in our nation's dams? I mean really...we all have seen the movie or tv show in which a person is buried in the foundations of a building in order for the evildoers to cover up a murder. Anyway, I have no clue how dams are built, but I am guessing it ain't pretty and that many men lost their lives. Rivers really don't like to be damed...just ask beavers! Something to think about the next time you drive - which I don't think you can do anywhere anymore because of terrorist precaustions - but you get the idea.
I have also invented the coolest new thing to do if you are bored and have fruit flies and a vacuum. Try vacuuming the flies mid-air with the vacuum extension. Entertainment for hours...believe me!!

No comments: