Monday, November 21, 2005

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

So I got to thinking at work today, pirates are popular. I mean, just look at the cult following of Jack Sparrow - Captain Jack Sparrow...It isn't all the mega-hotness that radiates off Johnny Depp...I think some of it is actually that people like pirates. I mean, who doesn't love The Goonies? Anyway, this train of though also got me thinking about two of my programs and the mascots of the fictional high schools. It turns out that both Harbor Prep (The O.C.) and Neptune High (Veronica Mars) have a pirate as the mascot. How cool is that?!?! Not really that cool now that I think about it, but go with me here people.
I have yet another reason to love Veronica Mars. In a recent interview, Kristen Bell - the chick that IS Veronica - when asked about taking on Lost replied, "I've never seen it, actually. I hear it's wonderful and I know people who love it. But for the most part, we're not going to get their audience. We have our cult fans, who we love, and we're hoping to [attract]the whole Buffy world. We're not as mainstream." Oh how I love to be courted...makes my day really, except when it involves actual people and after so many years in grad school I can no longer decifer what are actual thoughts and feelings and what are the over-analytical droppings of my brain. Go figure. Anyway, like I said..nice to be courted.
Saw the new Harry Potter again tonight. I went with a friend and much to our surprise a couple of people we knew were in line behind us. We ended up with a group of 6, which was nice. After going to so many movies alone, it is always an interesting experience going with a group. I honestly don't know which I like better...both have their ups and downs, but hey that is not what matters. I got to see Harry Potter again!!

No comments: