Thursday, November 24, 2005

See if anything comes of it instead of my old shit...


Today will rank as one of my best days of recent date. The only recent day that tops it is...you guessed it...April 25, 2005 - the date of the U2 concert last spring. I got to sit through 2 awesome movies today with people that I love. It seems fitting that I saw Rent with people that have gone from being just friends to a sort of grad school family...one that I can count on to understand my freak flag. Since Rent deals with creating a family out of the people around you...it was nice to be surrounded by some of my family up here in Bellingham.
I am also playing a hostess at the moment to my good friend K...who I bribed up here for the holiday. I didn't realize how much I missed having someone around who was willing to go along with any of the hair-brained schemes without blinking...we all need one of those friend.
An what can I say about P & P...I figure I will love any version of this book, but I didn't think I would enjoy this version as much as I did. I have some qualms, but nothing of real consequence. Oh Mr. Darcy...and you gotta love the sugary ending that they added just for the Americans...sometimes it is useful to live in a country full of hopeless romantics that require over-the-top hapyy endings.

No comments: