Thursday, November 24, 2005

They're singing deck the halls, but it's not like Christmas at all

Well with Thanksgiving out of the way, there is nothing to keep Christmas from coming in full force. I was at the mall yesterday and the shops had already begin with the christmas music. Seems like it is earlier and earlier each year. I saw a political cartoon that craftily had combined all the of the holidays after Halloween into one large word...much like Seth Cohen's Chrismukkah - although he seems to do it for all the perks that come with each holiday instead of trying to market gifts. Anyway this got me thinking...perhaps next year the Christmas music will not only begin to play before Thanksgiving, but before Halloween as well. At least my mom - unofficial queen of Christmas music - would not only be happy, but in fashion.
In other news, my turkey turned out fanastic, although I am not sure I am cut out for this type of cooking. I just can't handle stripping things off the bone and reaching up the back of a turkey to retrieve the next. Bit too exreme for me. And I won't even begin on the amount of leftovers...Perhaps you really can have too much pie and turkey!

No comments: