Thursday, November 03, 2005

That's life, that's what all the people say...


I am extremely concerned that 80s fashion is making a comeback. On an recent expedition to WWU's library - and believe me it was arduous - I ran into a girl not only wearing Madonna gloves, but also leg warmers and one of those t-shirts that is worn off the shoulders. Anyway, I didn't really think about it, until today, when on a trip to Freddie's for milk I ran into another girl in 80s wear. I knew that the 70s had begun to comeback. I mean I hate peasant wear and neither brown or pea green are not good colors for me...but at least the fashion didn't involve scrunchies and bangs that reach for the sky. I have never been able to work a curling iron well.
My thesis is in some sort of grad school purgatory. My advisor has not emailed me back in days. I am hoping that he is sick...which I know sounds bad, but at least that way I am not being ignored...I can't get turn in the paperwork to get approval for my listserv entry until he gets back to me. Even then I have to collect a bunch of signatures. All in all, I am in some horrid holding pattern that really has become frustrating.
P.S. I think I own those slippers...how funky is that? And man...I love her boots!

No comments: