Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Wow look at you now, flowers in the window

My recent multiple viewings of P & P has had me watching the various films I have that star the same people, especially Jena Malone. The more of I see of her, with the exception of Cold Mountain in which her character didn't even have a name, the more I like her. The funny thing is, though, that half the time I don't remember she is in movies...something I absolutely love...means that they are a good actor. I mean, anyone that can star in both Donnie Darko, Saved! and P & P and do all three extremely well deserves my lifelong admiration...at least until she sells out and does a movie with either Tom Cruise or Kevin Costner.
Up to 5 viewings of P & P, so I might very well beat my record. I still get a free ticket from Marathon since she is quasi-dating the assistant manager at the local theatre. Then you have to consider that both ChickLit and my mom will want to see the film at least once each over Christmas break...that means that I am only 6 viewings away from the record...that is completely doable!!!
I finally got up the courage to start George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones, the first book in the Song of Ice and Fire series. I have been quite apprehensive starting this series since it is ongoing - he is only on book 4, which just came out in paperback - and I have been so utterly burned by Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. But in the end, a girl needs a fantasy series to read...

No comments: