Wednesday, December 28, 2005

After years of expensive education...

So after years of higher learning, I can't remove the plastic protective wrapping or the sports top of a water bottle. Much to ChickLit's disappointment, at one of our potty breaks on the way home from Healdsburg - think Santa Rosa - I got a bottle of water, but then couldn't open the damn thing. It is truly sad and unfortunate when you realize that you are completely incompetent...why did I put all my student loans in a masters when I should have been trying to find basic living courses. Alas, I have no clue.
The trip to visit with ChickLit's best grad school bud went well, although I don't think that I enjoyed the movie - we ended up seeing The Family Stone - nearly as much as the others. It has it moments - most notably Luke Wilson wearing nothing but a towel - but the family seemed manufactured to me and I really did hate them at points...and for some family members it never went away. Don't get me wrong, though it isn't a bad film, I just wanted more and the actors that starred in the film could easily have given more. I think I mourn what might have been than anything else. Who knows really, but the interesting news is that I didn't cry at all. Amazing...perhaps the end of the world is coming soon...well I should really find that good Keith Urban music video online before then!!

No comments: